ASTM is best known for its standards, the Digital Library is a collection of nearly every other ASTM publication – 1,500+ eBooks and 60,000+ papers and chapters, dating back to 1932. These are seminal reference publications that provide:
- Critical insight on the need for a standard as well as the technology and research that led to its development,
- Hands-on guidance on the proper application and interpretation of a standard,
- First-hand accounts of user experiences and their opinions on improvements and future needs in their industries.
Three main collections of publications make up the books, journals, and papers of the Digital Library.
Peer-Reviewed Conference Proceedings/ STPs (Special Technical Publications)
Each year, hundreds of technical experts present and publish papers reflecting their research and insight on the need for new standards. These papers undergo a rigorous peer-review process to ensure scholarly content and technical accuracy.
16,800 peer-reviewed papers are available from ASTM’s world renowned journals including: Geotechnical Testing Journal, Journal of Testing and Evaluation, Advances in Civil Engineering Materials, Materials Performance and Characterization, Journal of ASTM International Backfile 2004-2014, Journal of Forensic Sciences Backfile 1972-2005, Journal of Cement, Concrete, and Aggregates Backfile 1979-2004, and the Journal of Composites and Technology and Research Backfile 1978-2003.
Manuals, Monographs and Data Series Library.
These include best-selling titles such as Fuels and Lubricants Handbook: Technology, Properties, Performance and Testing; User’s Guide to ASTM Specification C94 on Ready-Mixed Concrete; and Fracture and Fatigue Control in Structures: Applications of Fracture Mechanics: 3rd Edition.
- Iron and Steel Products
- Nonferrous Metals Products
- Metals Test Methods and Analytical Procedures
- Construction Materials and Engineering
- Petroleum Products, Lubricants and Fossil Fuels
- Paint, Related Coatings and Aromatics
- Medical Devices and Services
- General Products, Chemical Specialties and End Use Products
- Electric Insulation and Electronics
- Water and Environmental Technology
- Nuclear, Solar, and Geothermal Energy
- General Methods and Instrumentation
See More: https://www.astm.org/