The American Physical Society (APS) is a nonprofit membership organization working to advance and diffuse the knowledge of physics through its outstanding research journals, scientific meetings, and education, outreach, advocacy, and international activities. APS represents over 55,000 members, including physicists in academia, national laboratories, and industry in the United States and throughout the world. Society offices are located in College Park, MD (Headquarters), Ridge, NY, and Washington, D.C.
The American Physical Society strives to:
- Be the leading voice for physics and an authoritative source of physics information for the advancement of physics and the benefit of humanity;
- Provide effective programs in support of the physics community and the conduct of physics;
- Collaborate with national scientific societies for the advancement of science, science education and the science community;
- Cooperate with international physics societies to promote physics, to support physicists worldwide and to foster international collaboration;
- Promote an active, engaged and diverse membership, and support the activities of its units and members.
See More: https://www.aps.org/